Significance of artifact and what it may communicate to others about you
This photo reminds me of a very special trip I made to Argentina. It may communicate to others that I enjoy travel, am adventurous, and interested in
other cultures. It’s very bright & colourful, which may indicate something about my personality. I am with my best friend at a market eating delicious food and wearing my favourite hat. It is a large print and posted on my wall that communicates that
friends and family are important to me. Every time I look at this photo, it makes me happy – a great memory!
a. Create a list of SEVEN words unique to the communities to which you belong and include your own definition of each word. Texting language, slang, jargon, phrases and acronyms can be used.
b. Consider the quote, “Meaning is in people, not words.” Discuss what this quote means to you.
1. Answer the following based on your knowledge and experience with self-disclosure. Take time to reflect on your experiences and be descriptive with your responses.
a. In your own words, define the term self-disclosure.
b. To whom do you self-disclose regularly? Why do you self-disclose to these individuals?
c. In your own words, describe some of the benefits and risks associated with self-disclosure.
d. Describe an instance when a stranger self-disclosed to you. How did this make you feel?
e. How do you feel about self-disclosure through mediated communication/social media?
2. Misunderstood other people times.
3. Lost track of a conversation times.
4. Stopped making eye contact with a speaker times.
5. Asked someone to repeat him/herself times.
6. Let my mind wander while listening to someone times.
7. Reacted defensively to what someone was saying before they finished times.
8. Found myself listening effectively times.
9. Engaged in of the ineffective listening styles including (list each that you experienced): multitasking, pseudolistening, monopolizing/stage-hogging, mind reading, selective listening, insulated listening, defensive listening, ambushing, and literal listening.
b. Reflect back to your experiences and describe the circumstances surrounding one situation for each item on the checklist.
d. What did you learn about yourself as an effective listener as a result of this exercise?
Bonus Question (Optional)
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS